Batch edit sales channel / product listing

dnlmzw
1 0 0

I was building a feature for my client using the webhooks feature, which seems to work great in any other case than batch adding/removing a sales channel. The change doesn't seem to trigger the webhook. I've made a screen recording here: https://www.loom.com/share/d9975ec1dd6748269637170977781066

0 Likes
awwdam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 10 4

Hey @dnlmzw,

Thanks sharing a video as an example. If in this case you are building a custom or private application to manage webhooks with the API or using admin webhooks, this would be an expected outcome. I found an older post that gives a few great examples (similar question here).

At this time: 1. only the sales channel(app) itself would have be able to create subscriptions for product_listing/ webhooks 2. they are are scoped to the app that created them and only subscriptions created by the app will fire when products are published or unpublished.

Lastly, if you built the sales channel that is managing these webhooks, and the issues are unique to just this store, I would suggest having the store owner or staff reach out to support directly so someone can have a closer look - Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
cathrine-saks
1 0 0

Hi there,

In regards to the similar question, I did not see it mention anything regarding batch edits. I did in fact built the sales channel that manages the webhooks and also see that they're triggered when editing an individual product (as you can see from my video). However, it is only the batch editing feature that does not update the product.

I would appreciate you taking a closer look.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes