Billing API GraphQL re billing and webhook app_subscription_update response

dvdgzlez
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi there, I am developing an app using Billing API with GraphQL, so far I am able to create a recurring app charge and I've noticed there's a webhook for APP_SUBSCRIPTION_UPDATE.

So far I have some questions:

1. Is this webhook going to notify me when a store has successfully being billed again?
  2. Is there any developers doc over APP_SUBSCRIPTION_UPDATE webhook payload on callback url?
Replies 4 (4)

CalD
Shopify Staff
140 22 36

Hey @dvdgzlez,

The webhook will fire only when the status field of an AppSubscription has been updated (tutorial here). Webhook payloads aren't currently documented, but it will contain name, status, timestamps, shop id, and subscription id.

CalD | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

dvdgzlez
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi @CalD,

Thanks for the answer, basically what you are saying is that if the app is charged without issues the AppSubscription.Status value won't change, is that it?

In that case I will never get notified unless the billing was not accepted for any reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

umairakram
Shopify Partner
16 1 4

hi @CalD,

When payment is charged status does not change so how would we know about the payment. Is there any other way to find out if the merchant has paid or not?

danhho
Shopify Partner
22 1 6

Hi @umairakram I have same issue, have been you resolve it yet?