Billing Api - Billing cycle change when users cancel paid subscription or uninstall app

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Me and my team have a question about how does the billing day change when a user cancel their subscription and resume on next billing cycle or uninstall and re-install on next billing cycle. Here are examples:

Case 1:

User install app on May 1st, starts with a paid plan, and cancelled this plan on the May 15th. He/she resumed this plan on the 20th of June, so will the billing cycle inherit the original cycle or will it be June 20th (i.e. start a new billing cycle with new billing day)?

Case 2: 

User install app on May 1st, starts with a paid plan, and uninstall app on the May 15th. He/she re-install our app on the 20th of June, so will the billing cycle inherit the original cycle or will it be June 20th (i.e. start a new billing cycle with new billing day)?

Case 3:

User install app on May 1st, starts with a paid plan, and cancelled the paid plan on the May 15th. He/she can still use our app for free, just some features are limited. We set a user without paid plans to use free version of our app, but we didn't specify it as a seperate "free plan". How do we handle the application credit thing? 

Thanks for your replies ahead!

0 Likes