Brand new Shopify CLI project: "Request origin could not be verified" on install

hedgerh
Shopify Partner
15 1 21

Started up my app today and started receiving "Request origin could not be verified" when installing my app to a test store.

In order to figure out if it was my fault or not, I created a new project with the shopify CLI and tried to install it.  Same error.  What's going on?

Replies 15 (15)

Amar_Gandhi
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

We are getting the same issue.

Using node+react for the app.

Everything worked fine yesterday, got this issue this morning, please help.

hedgerh
Shopify Partner
15 1 21

I also tried to install a regular published app to my test store and got the same error from the app!  I tried installing "Auto Multi Currency Converter" and am getting the same error.

hedgerh
Shopify Partner
15 1 21

@hassain  can you or someone from Shopify comment on this?  This seems like a major bug.  This isn't just affecting my app.  I started a brand new test store and tried to install a published app and get this.  Tried to install the app "Preloader" and get the request origin issue.

breckskier
Shopify Partner
11 0 4
Also seeing this, both in my current app and a brand new app.

Things are feeling a bit unstable lately

KisukaKiza
Shopify Partner
38 0 33

Same issue here as well. Happens directly after install. It seems the app still installs but the error is displayed right after and prevents a redirect.

TwoColors
Shopify Partner
78 0 23

Getting same error on my app. It's currently featured on shopify apps home page... Guys come on, I am losing a lot of money...

Maciej Tokarczyk
ZainManji
Shopify Partner
58 0 55

Getting the same thing... Spent literally 15+ hours trying to debug this.... then saw other people posting the same bug...

I posted this issue in this thread as well https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Updating-to-latest-version-of-shopify-koa-shopify-...

and in this https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Bug-State-nonce-lost-when-redirected-back-to-app-d...

Both my apps, in the store face this issue and no one can install it smoothly. 

I don't see a state query param in the redirect URL after oauth, and i get the 

Request origin could not be verified 

error message 

This should be a P0

TwoColors
Shopify Partner
78 0 23

I am on chat with Shopify Partners Support, will post update here shortly 

Maciej Tokarczyk
TwoColors
Shopify Partner
78 0 23

O, basically they just realised there is a problem, their technical team is looking into it currently

Maciej Tokarczyk
AvocadosLab
Shopify Partner
51 4 44

I'm having exact same issue. Did anyone hear back from Shopify yet?

AvocadosLab
Shopify Partner
51 4 44
TwoColors
Shopify Partner
78 0 23

I just got info that this issue should be now resolved

Maciej Tokarczyk
AvocadosLab
Shopify Partner
51 4 44

Seems like it's fixed.

I'm not seeing any failures during app installation.

vanessa_adabra
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

<

CuriousMoose
Tourist
3 0 2

Not able to connect new Pinterest app.