Bulk Uploading 301 Redirects

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

This isn't really a question, I don't know if this is the right place to post it.

There were a few people asking about how to do bulk 301 redirects. I'm working on a user-friendly solution to that at the moment, but I have a guide for people comfortable using the Developer Tools console on my blog.

Shopify Bulk 301s

This is free, no need to pay the $39 fee for the app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

I've now created a fully user-friendly bulk uploading tool. You can simply copy and paste from a spreadsheet (I've tried Excel, but I'm fairly sure it would work from, say, open office as well).

Bulk 301 Bookmarklet

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9933 106 1766

Nice work. I've got bulk redirects in ShopifyFD but the export is a handy feature for sure.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Thanks. I actually wouldn't know that it was even possible to create a bookmarlet with this kind of added functionality if it weren't for your ShopifyFD and Custom Fields tools. So, thanks for that!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This may be somewhat unrelated, but we're having some trouble redirecting some duplicate webpages of ours. We have several URLs for the same product and want all of those URLs to redirect ot the base product url. For example:

example.com/collection/ties/products/blue redirects to example.com/products/blue

However, whenever I enter a link into the redirect area for Shopify (under Navigation), it doesn't work. I even tried you app hoping that it would have some sort of unknown workaround, but no dice. I have even used a search engine that tests redirect links and it says that they aren't redirecting, so I know it isn't on my end (I have tried different devices, browsers, clearing my cache, etc.).

We have a lot of duplicate pages that we want to amend to help out our SEO, but we haven't been able to find an easy solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-HD

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This may be somewhat unrelated, but we're having some trouble redirecting some duplicate webpages of ours. We have several URLs for the same product and want all of those URLs to redirect ot the base product url. For example:

example.com/collection/ties/products/blue redirects to example.com/products/blue

However, whenever I enter a link into the redirect area for Shopify (under Navigation), it doesn't work. I even tried you app hoping that it would have some sort of unknown workaround, but no dice. I have even used a search engine that tests redirect links and it says that they aren't redirecting, so I know it isn't on my end (I have tried different devices, browsers, clearing my cache, etc.).

We have a lot of duplicate pages that we want to amend to help out our SEO, but we haven't been able to find an easy solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-HD

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This bookmarklet is amazing. Thank you! You saved us a ton of time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is slick! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

Hey there!

Any way to get ahold of this tool?  We're needing to deal with a mountain of redirects from products.  Thanks!

0 Likes