Buy Button + Referral Tracking

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi there, 

I would like to pass my Shopify Buy Button to 2 affiliate blogger, Website A & Website B. 

On my 1st day, I get 5 sales recorded from Buy Button. 

But my challenge is to track where this 5 sales comes from, either website A or Website B, so that I could pay them their respective comission. 

What can I do to be able to track if sales comes from Website A / website B? 

Highlighted
8 0 0

Yes. I need the same functionality! Is there a way to do this already?

We are making hand crafted Red Hats together with my mom in Norway.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

Have you had a look at the "Conversion details" section on the order details page?

Does it show the correct website, A or B?

Highlighted
8 0 0

Thank you so much. That solves it for me at least :D

We are making hand crafted Red Hats together with my mom in Norway.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Clement,

The order details did not show me the website that the buy button was posted on for that purchase. I do typically see UTM source in the order details, but how would that be tracked through the Buy Button?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

Hi Matthew,

We have customers that use our app Better Reports to track sales based on UTM parameters.

As long as you have a unique source for each website, then we have built-in reports that show the total sales for each source (or even campaign).

We can also build custom reports to break sales down down per day, week, month or any field.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at clement@betterreports.co if you're interested.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Clement, 

When you say "As long as you have a unique source for each website" is this a special parameter we can add to each buy button?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

No, I was referring to the utm source parameter here.

Utm parameters are used to track the traffic, as described here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTM_parameters

You can craft urls with different utm parameters and distribute them to your various partners and channels (twitter, email, facebook, etc...). When a customer clicks the buy button, the utm parameters are recorded by Shopify, and those can be used to create various reports, such as sales per channel, sales per affiliate, etc...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 8

Did anybody get any luck tracking your sales from the Shopify Buy Button?

For now Google Analytics sees someone who clicks "checkout" as a new direct visitor with no history, it's very frustrating to not be able to attribute the sales to the channel...

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

This is just carzy that Shopify doesn't actually provide a proper answer but keeps on pushing users to different rabbit holes.

0 Likes