Can not get Fulfillment Events REST API to work

FSCSdeveloper
2 0 0

Hello, I have a customer who's using shopify and they want us to integrate our tracking system with shopify so that they can see the status of a shipment in the console. For example, they showed me a FedEx shipment in the console and it's status was "in-transit" then "out-for-delivery", etc. I figured that I should be using the Post FulfillmentEvent since that API call appears to update the status of a shipment. However, I have tried numerous times and the call keeps failing. It's not the credentials because I have tried other API calls and they succeed without issues. I just seem to be having issues with the FulfillmentEvent API calls. Can anyone tell me if there's any extra setup that is required to get this to work? Do we have to be a registered carrier with Shopify in order to use this feature? I have enabled all the write/read permissions in the console for the private app.

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 42 54

Hey @FSCSdeveloper 

Can you provide the x-request-id response header for the failed call?

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
FSCSdeveloper
2 0 0

Hi Kevin, thanks but I figured it out. The issue was I enabled all the settings/permissions for my private app and something must've gone wrong in the configurations because I closed that store and then opened a new one with minimal settings/permissions enabled and it worked without issues. Hope this helps someone if they ever run into the same problem. I appreciate the response.

0 Likes