Can one make a call to the Customer API from a liquid file?

Shopify Partner
82 0 6

Just to update, what I ended up doing was using a simple email form I have the customer enter their email which is then submitted via AJAX request to my app, my app handles the API calls and returns a response stating whether or not the email has an enabled account and they go from there to either the login form or the registration form.

For those previous customers who did not create an account before, my app makes another API call to automatically send an account invite email for them to proceed with creating a password.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@PurpleMamba wrote:

Just to update, what I ended up doing was using a simple email form I have the customer enter their email which is then submitted via AJAX request to my app, my app handles the API calls and returns a response stating whether or not the email has an enabled account and they go from there to either the login form or the registration form.

For those previous customers who did not create an account before, my app makes another API call to automatically send an account invite email for them to proceed with creating a password.

I have been working on the same thing trying to collect the email on the login page and redirect to either the registration or password depending on customer.status, but ran into Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) errors with the Ajax call to my web service. How were you able to get around this? I have been stuck on this for a couple days so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes