Can't Get Shopify Fulfillment “on_hold” Status for Upsells

Solved
fissioner
Tourist
3 0 1
How do I get the "on_hold" fulfillment_status for post-purchase upsells via the orders API? I'm using the current api version and have fulfillment and order read permissions, but all I get is null when the order is on hold. Not sure what I'm missing here, but please let me know if you're able to access the "on_hold" value for an order on hold: https://shopify.dev/changelog/post-purchase-fulfillment-holds
0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
152 15 24

Hey @fissioner 

Would I be able to grab the example calls you're making, and I can take a look into this - thanks!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
fissioner
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi @L_J_K,

Thanks for the reply. I've been calling "/admin/api/2021-07/orders/{order_id}.json", but the fulfillment_status remains null unless fulfilled. I've been able to get the "on_hold" status for fulfillments from the FulfillmentOrders endpoint, but I'm guessing that maybe the "on_hold" "fulfilment_status" is actually only returned on the order object for the order update webhook. If possible, I'd like to get an on hold status from an order object. I wouldn't be interested in the order update webhook though since it's too general.

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
152 15 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there @fissioner,

Thanks for the extra info there.

You're correct - when the on hold status changes,  orders/updated would fire.  Additionally, Orders/edited will fire if an upsell is accepted.

Alas, there's no hold status just now present on the Order Object right now. For the moment, I believe the on-hold status will default to being available in the FulfillmentOrder REST/GQL resources, but I have passed this feedback on internally. Hope that helps.

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
fissioner
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you, @L_J_K!