Can't Upload Files On Root Folder To Activate Web Push Notifications

Shopify Partner
36 0 5

We are building an app for web push notification but we are not able to add files to the root folder of the domain. To implement web push, two files need to be added to the root folder - manifest and service-worker. Shopify directly uploads all files to cdn and not on the root folder. 

How can I find a work around for this one ?

iZooto.com - Web Push Notifications for E-Commerce, Bloggers and More
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
76 0 9

You can't do this on Shopify. There ought to be a workaround within your app's code, but if there absolutely is not you could setup a lightweight AWS VM ($5/month) that runs an HTTP proxy to Shopify (for all other requests), and simply add those two files to the proxy.

Pogodan | https://experts.shopify.com/pogodan-dev
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 0 5

This is definitely limiting. As a merchant or as a developer, a critical functionality is not available. Any idea how to reach out to the Shopify Dev team ?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello @Vivek

I have the same problem. I tried to resolve but I didn't get any results My Error
 Can You explain how did you fix this problem?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1841 170 510

@bhavinrudani see my answer on this issue from a different post.

Hope this helps!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

@KarlOffenberger  Thank you for responding. I already tried with the proxy server but I get this error  Issue with proxy

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 0 5

We eventually figured out that it is not necessary to use the root folder for activating web push notifications. Here is how you can activate web push notifications on platforms which don't let you access the root folder.

1 Like