Can't create fulfillments for orders with cancelled fulfillments (intermittent)

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 16

Hi, current request need answer form development team, or someone who had similar issue.
We are experiencing an issue with fulfillment flow.

For some of our orders we need to split the fulfillment after it's obvious that we wont be able to ship all line items from one location.
After initial fulfillment is cancelled with `/admin/api/2020-01/orders/{{order_id}}/fulfillments/{{fulfillment_id}}/cancel.json` property
`fulfillable_quantity` in line items form that fulfillment is not restored to it's original value.

Creation of any further fulfillment with `admin/api/2020-01/orders/{{order_id}}/fulfillments.json` fails with error base - Line items are already fulfilled - leaving us without an ability to fulfill an order.
This issue happens only sometimes, and reasons are unknown to us.

Please provide clear guide lines on:

• how to avoid such issues when canceling fulfillments ?
  • how to fix orders with this issue ?

PS: one more thing I've noticed, is that when it works correctly some additional records are added to order events before "fulfillment_cancelled": "closed" followed by "re_opened". But canceling and reopenning order with such issue manually - does not restore `fulfillable_quantity`.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 19 26

Hey @Lulu1 

Do you happen to have a recent example of your issue? A fulfillment ID would be sufficient to allow me to troubleshoot this further. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 16
last one, at 2020.10.14
order id: 2413571145783
fulfillment's: 2349247954999,2317571686455
both cancelled, but all order line items  has fulfillable_quantity at 0
0 Likes