Cannot create webhook for fulfullments

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to register webhooks for fulfillments/create and fulfillments/update, but I get the following error:

Failed : HTTP error code : 422 detailed error message: {"errors":{"topic":["Invalid topic specified. Topics allowed: app\/uninstalled, carts\/create, carts\/update, checkouts\/create, checkouts\/delete, checkouts\/update, collections\/create, collections\/delete, collections\/update, customer_groups\/create, customer_groups\/delete, customer_groups\/update, customers\/create, customers\/delete, customers\/disable, customers\/enable, customers\/update, order_transactions\/create, orders\/cancelled, orders\/create, orders\/delete, orders\/fulfilled, orders\/paid, orders\/partially_fulfilled, orders\/updated, products\/create, products\/delete, products\/update, refunds\/create, shop\/update"]}}

The documentation says it should be possible to create webhooks for fulfillments:

https://help.shopify.com/api/reference/webhook

Why do I get an error?

Thanks,

-Louise

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 0 88

Hey Louise,

You'll need to make sure your application has access to read fulfillments on the shop. If your application is authenticating through OAuth, this means you'll need to request access to the read_fulfillments scope.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for answering. 

I already have the scope for reading orders, which means I have been able to see the fulfillments on the input to the order webhooks. 

Do I need to set the fulfillment scope explicitly as well to use fulfilment webhooks? If so I think the error message is misleading, it should instead suggest that the scope is missing (and I think I have seen such an error message at some point in another context).

Thanks,

-Louise

0 Likes