Carrier Service API - Delivery Date not displaying correctly

yenjung
3 0 0

Currently we encountered some issue on displaying estimated delivery date.

We followed the API document to send the min/max delivery date and calculated the date by business day.

API REF: https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/carrierservice

In our case  [UPS - 2nd Day Air] for example, the Delivery Timeline is 2 business days.

Hence we send the delivery date by the calculation below:

9/6(Sun) - checkout day (the day shows the checkout rate)

9/7(Mon) - Holiday (Labor Day)

9/8(Tues) - Day 1

9/9 (Wed) - Day 2

9/10 (Thur) - Estimated delivery date (2 days after)

Response date we send:

"min_delivery_date\":\"2020-09-10T09:00:00.000Z\",

\"max_delivery_date\":\"2020-09-10T09:00:00.000Z\"

But at the end Shopify show [4 business days] on the checkout page and the client is confusing why this service needs 4 business day. 

IMG1-UPS_wrong_delivery_day.png

Looks like when Shopify didn't consider weekend/holiday when converting the date in to delivery day.

Is this a bug in Shopify side or should we send the date calculated base on normal day instead of business day?

Thanks a lot in advanced for any suggestions!

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 95 176

Hey @yenjung,

I just tested this and can confirm we're currently handling the weekends correctly, when I sent a rate response today with min and max delivery set to 2020-10-07T00:00:00Z (7 days from now), the checkout shows "5 business days" as expected. I'm not sure how we handle holidays, but I'll try to get clarification on that. In the meantime, can you let me know if you have the carrier service currently setup in a test environment? And if so, please let me know if you're ok with me making a few calls on your test environment.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes