Carrier Services callback url not being called

MashaoR
Tourist
11 1 6

I've created a carrier service and I can see it from
/admin/api/2021-01/carrier_services.json

Carrier Create Response
{"carrier_service":{"id":54215508130,"name":"Droppa3 Carrier Service","active":true,"service_discovery":true,"carrier_service_type":"api","admin_graphql_api_id":"gid:\/\/shopify\/DeliveryCarrierService\/54215508130","format":"json","callback_url":"https:\/\/537e4ef7e9d0.ngrok.io\/get_rates"}}

But when I add custom shipping the end point is not getting called at all.

In the store settings->Shipping and delivery->Shipping->ManageRate
the Carrier and app rates shows the created carrier service.

I read through documentation and posts but I cannot find anything that might causing the issue

Replies 3 (3)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

Hey @MashaoR,

It sounds like everything is setup correctly. One thing to double check is make sure you choose a country at checkout where the app is set to return rates. If you're sure you've used a country that is setup to return rates from your app, please provide an example checkout token (the string of letters+numbers in the checkout URL), and we can investigate further. 

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

protolabz
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I have double cross checked with Postman API Calling - ok return 200

and also cross checked with direct hitting URL - ok function called

but while placing order its not calling that API or hitting URL

see screenshots and so if any body have solution please reply

Thank in advance

Baifeng
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

@_JB I have the exact same issue here. I am on a dev store by the way. here is the checkout URL: https://rlc-test-store.myshopify.com/checkouts/cn/c1-76db9e78f5053e72c51107caa116815e?ew_m=f.  The new carrier service I created is called RL Carrier Service. Please help figure out the issue. thanks!