Carrier service and Fulfilment service requests not working

Solved
Thickey
Shopify Partner
9 2 4

I am having trouble getting custom carrier and fulfilment services up and running on my store.

I have my code running locally and using Ngrok to tunnel from Shopify to my machine. Everything works fine, I can see requests for shipping come in and I can see fulfilment request for stock levels periodically being made.

When I deploy my code to production and update the URLs in the services on Shopify I get nothing.  Shipping rates don't get requested and stock levels don't update the access log for apache shows no requests, no 404s, 500s or anything.

The only things I can think of are as follows

1. A firewall rule stopping shopify from making requests.. (very unlucky, I only have a handful of IP addresses on my block list)
  2. SSL cert is setup in a way that Shopify doesn't like?
  3. Has Shopify taken exception to my server and blocking that?
  4. Aliens? 

As I'm not getting anything touching my access logs it's impossible for me to see what's going on.

The JSON for my carrier service setup is as follows :-

{
    "carrier_service": {
        "id": 48519217305,
        "name": "Panther",
        "active": true,
        "service_discovery": true,
        "carrier_service_type": "api",
        "admin_graphql_api_id": "gid://shopify/DeliveryCarrierService/48519217305",
        "format": "json",
        "callback_url": "https://api.danetti.com/carrier/shipping"
    }
}

If you visit the URL without even posting any values you currently will get valid JSON in return (and I should see this in my access log).

Can someone help me out?

0 Likes
Thickey
Shopify Partner
9 2 4

To rule things out I have removed all the blocked IPs from my firewall. I added these over a period of time where the IPs were misbehaving themselves repeatedly. A couple of these were google cloud IPs and I *think* Shopify could potentially come from the same range.  However after doing this hasn't made any things suddenly work, but at least I can rule out option 1.

Can anyone from Shopify help me with this?

0 Likes
Thickey
Shopify Partner
9 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Well this has been a rollercoaster of a ride, I'm happy to say that I have managed to identify the problem and resolve it.

I had SO wanted it to be aliens, but turns out that my SSL certificate wasn't 100% right (it was close and browsers weren't complaining).

So yay to me for working it out and boo to me for taking so long getting there.

0 Likes