CarrierService Multiple line descriptions

Solved
bgodbgg
Tourist
8 0 1

I saw that EasyShip is able to insert multiple lines of a description to their shipping options at checkout and I can't figure out how to return that in the callbackUrl response for a custom carrierService.  Adding <br> or <br /> or \n just gets treated as straight text and doesn't cause a line break.  Anyone know how to do this?  I've included a picture of what I'm trying to achieve.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 3.03.53 PM.png

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1043 141 183

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @bgodbgg 

Have you experimented with min_delivery_date and max_delivery_date? I suspect that's what's creating the ETA line.

{
   "rates": [
       {
           "service_name": "canadapost-overnight",
           "service_code": "ON",
           "total_price": "1295",
           "description": "This is the fastest option by far",
           "currency": "CAD",
           "min_delivery_date": "2013-04-12 14:48:45 -0400",
           "max_delivery_date": "2013-04-12 14:48:45 -0400"
       }
   ]
}       
bgodbgg
Tourist
8 0 1

This was it, thank you.  My mocked call was using dates from the past which is why it never showed up.  Do you happen to know if it's possible to simply have 2 lines for a custom description? or more than 2 lines?

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1043 141 183

Good to know! Regarding the two lines - I don't believe so.

0 Likes
mrgyawali
5 0 0

Can somebody explain how is this marked as a solved? 

0 Likes
mrgyawali
5 0 0

Hello @SBD_ @bgodbgg , 

I was wondering if you guys could help me with this similar situation. I am sending the below response server to Shopify.

{
    rates: [
      {
        service_name: `USPS - Priority Mail`,
        service_code: 'FR',
        total_price: 0,
        currency: 'USD',
        min_delivery_date: '2020-09-17T13:01:51.892Z',
        max_delivery_date: '2020-09-24T13:01:51.892Z',
        description: `No additional taxes to be paid at delivery.`,
      },
    ],
  }

If you check the difference between max_delivery_date and min_delivery_date is 7 but in Shopify, I am getting results as 5 business days(screenshot below)

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 16.27.03.png

If you guys could explain how max_delivery_date and min_delivery_date works here that would be great. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
bgodbgg
Tourist
8 0 1

It was marked as solved because it is not possible to do multiple line descriptions.  The only additional line you can have is the number of business days.  And I believe it is saying 5 because 7 days from now includes the weekend and Saturday/Sunday are not standard business days.