Cart/add.js not working correctly in the newest version 79.0.3945.88 of Chrome on macOS Catalina

developer2019
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I've been using cart/add.js for Cash on Delivery in the checkout page. When users choose Cash on Delivery in the checkout page, the charge for Cash on Delivery will be automatically added to the cart on the right side of the checkout page so that we can charge the customer for the fee.

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/development/getting-started/using-ajax-api#add-to-cart

I built this on the store and it works fine up until now. However, I noticed that it no longer works in the newest version of Chrome (version 79.0.3945.88) on macOS Catalina. When I choose the Cash on Delivery, the "Cash on Delivery" product isn't added to the cart on the side of the checkout page. However, the charge for this is still added as usual. 

It still works correctly in other browsers and on Window's Chrome. I was wondering if there is a bug or error with the Shopify system or if there is something in the system that is not compatible with the new version of Chrome. Anyone experiencing the same thing or know anything. I'd really appreciate if I can get any information regarding this. 

Thank you in advance.

Replies 3 (3)

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

If you can share the (preview) URL to your store that would help.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog

hassain
Shopify Staff (Retired)
624 104 187

Hey @developer2019 ,

I have tested this with Chrome version 79.0.3945.88 on macOS Catalina, and so far I have experienced no issues reproducing the use case you have provided (i.e. upon user selecting Cash on Delivery, call the POST to /cart/add.js via jQuery to add a new item to the cart). If you are still experiencing this issue, is there any further instructions or steps you can provide in order to reproduce this?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ssmith
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi, I wondered if I could get support on a similar issue that I am experiencing with the latest version of Chrome - Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit). However, the API is connected to an LMS, when a course is added to the cart using chrome as the browser. It states it has been added but the cart is empty. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Or suggestions on how this could be resolved? Thanks