Certain Events not Firing for Facebook Pixel

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, I have installed District theme and I am not seeing the certain events firing properly for my store. It was linked up using partner integration.

What happened was I didn't know better and ended up unnecessarily creating 3 pixels for the same store. When I created the first pixel and tested out the events, it was working fine. Now using the 3rd pixel, I can see most events up to add to cart. I can't see initiate checkout (which i was able to see) and the other events down the line to purchase.

Really at my wits end and hope I can get some help to move on to the next stage of creating ads with comfort knowing that the pixels are working in the background correctly.

Much thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
644 78 141

Hey @GabrielChan,

Are you using Shopify's native pixel integration? Our integration only requires pasting the pixel_id in the admin under Online Store > Preferences. 

If you're manually pasting pixel code on your theme, the process of ensuring all events fire correctly will look different for every theme. Our native integration does some server-side magic to ensure we fire the pixel on each page, so I definitely recommend using that.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi JB, I am using shopify's native pixel integration where all i had to do was paste the pixel id into the field you had mentioned.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm having exactly the same issue as @GabrielChan, also using Shopify's native integration but the AddToCart event doesn't fire.

It was firing correctly some time ago, without any code modification, but now the only way I've found to make it work is to manually add the fbq('track', 'AddToCart'); to the theme.js file, which is less than ideal of course.

0 Likes