Certain Events not Firing for Facebook Pixel

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, I have installed District theme and I am not seeing the certain events firing properly for my store. It was linked up using partner integration.

What happened was I didn't know better and ended up unnecessarily creating 3 pixels for the same store. When I created the first pixel and tested out the events, it was working fine. Now using the 3rd pixel, I can see most events up to add to cart. I can't see initiate checkout (which i was able to see) and the other events down the line to purchase.

Really at my wits end and hope I can get some help to move on to the next stage of creating ads with comfort knowing that the pixels are working in the background correctly.

Much thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 57 91

Hey @GabrielChan,

Are you using Shopify's native pixel integration? Our integration only requires pasting the pixel_id in the admin under Online Store > Preferences. 

If you're manually pasting pixel code on your theme, the process of ensuring all events fire correctly will look different for every theme. Our native integration does some server-side magic to ensure we fire the pixel on each page, so I definitely recommend using that.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi JB, I am using shopify's native pixel integration where all i had to do was paste the pixel id into the field you had mentioned.

0 Likes