Check-out page

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Is there any way I can add a static text statement to my checkout page that every customer could see while checking out ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hey, @AmmarAhmed!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Can I ask what text exactly you are looking to add to the check out page? Would you be able to add the text to the cart page perhaps instead? As there isn’t actually the ability to edit the code for the checkout at all. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take a very long time! It would also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style (as noted in this guide), such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure for you and your customers. We hope you understand that it’s with your best interest at heart.

Let me know if you want to add the text in another place every customer would see it and I can do my best to help you out further.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

The text I want to add is to inform our costumers that our store only deliver to 3 cities/governorates (not countries) out of 30.
The cities are called Alexandria, Cairo and Giza, so the text would probably be like "We only deliver to Alexandria, Cairo and Giza"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Ah okay, no problem. I think this announcement would be great as an announcement bar at the top of your page so customers would see it and not be disappointed when they get to the checkout. There is an app here you can use for this feature or sometimes there is an announcement bar built into your theme. Would this work for you?

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

The problem in this app that I want to add this announcement to a specific page and to do this I have to add the page's url which is changeable from customer's checkout to another

@Lulu wrote:

Ah okay, no problem. I think this announcement would be great as an announcement bar at the top of your page so customers would see it and not be disappointed when they get to the checkout. There is an app here you can use for this feature or sometimes there is an announcement bar built into your theme. Would this work for you?

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

It wouldn't be possible to add this to the check out page at all so you can add it on every other page, just not the checkout. Customers will see it then before they get to the checkout. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks a lot, Lulu

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

How do we add the county and Store name to the check out a 3rd party vendor is asking for this to be able to take visa and mastercard payments.

0 Likes