Solved

Checkout system disable

kcin1993
Shopify Partner
63 0 5

Hi,

One of client return the following error when create checkout via Checkout API

{"data":{"createCheckout":{"checkout_link":null,"message":null,"errors":"{\"errors\":\"Checkout System disabled\"}"}}}

and I also check the store's Shop admin API. The response of checkoutApiSupported is false.

query {
  shop {
    id
    checkoutApiSupported
  }
}

Where to close the checkout system? 

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)
Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 233

This is an accepted solution.

Hello again, 

So the first shop that you mentioned in your post (ID: 4184768610) had switched to our 'Dormant' plan for some time, which is a plan that keeps the Shopify admin available so the shop can still be built, but the checkout system will be disabled so customers won't be able to make any purchases. That would also result in the 'Checkout system disabled' error you saw. 

For the second shop, the checkout_api_supported field refers to whether or not the shop will be able to accept payments directly through the Checkout API (see Shop API documentation). To take payment directly with the Checkout API, a 'direct' (does not take customer off-site) payment gateway needs to be enabled on a shop. If one is not enabled, then checkout_api_supported will be set to 'false'. 

This does not mean you won't be able to create checkouts on the shop, but it does mean that you won't be able to take payments via the API. The customer would have to be directed to the web_url to complete the checkout themselves. 

I hope that helps to clarify well enough, but let me know if I can help with anything else!

Josh | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 233

Hey there, 

In order to provide guidance here, I'd need to have either the shop's .myshopify.com domain name or its ID. Could you post back here with one of those? I'll be able to take a look after that. 

If you log X-Request-Id headers from your API call responses too, it would be even better if you could post that instead of shop details.

Josh | Shopify 

kcin1993
Shopify Partner
63 0 5

@Josh 

Apology for reply lately. We meet this issue again with another strange situation.

Here are two store IDs.

▪︎ First: 4184768610

▪︎ Second: 16108486756

The first one has been close store. Thus it seems I can't use Admin API anymore. But the information in my first post is about this store.

The new strange situation is of the second one. The store's shop.json REST Admin API returns the checkout_api_supported to be false. But our app still able to create checkout page via Checkout API.

More information about the second store, the shop.json REST Admin API returns the "plan_name" is "unlimited".

Here are my confusions:

1. What the reason cause the checkout_api_supported to be false?

2. Where and how store owner open it again? Thus I can guide my clients to open it

3. If checkout_api_supported is false, will it make our App can't create checkout? If so why and how to explain the second store's situation?

It seems that the store owners don't know the reason of it was closed. 

Because this topic is relative client's information. If need we can contact via the email. kcin@yosgo.com

If we figure out the outcome, we can share it without any sensitive information on this post.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for help

Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 233

This is an accepted solution.

Hello again, 

So the first shop that you mentioned in your post (ID: 4184768610) had switched to our 'Dormant' plan for some time, which is a plan that keeps the Shopify admin available so the shop can still be built, but the checkout system will be disabled so customers won't be able to make any purchases. That would also result in the 'Checkout system disabled' error you saw. 

For the second shop, the checkout_api_supported field refers to whether or not the shop will be able to accept payments directly through the Checkout API (see Shop API documentation). To take payment directly with the Checkout API, a 'direct' (does not take customer off-site) payment gateway needs to be enabled on a shop. If one is not enabled, then checkout_api_supported will be set to 'false'. 

This does not mean you won't be able to create checkouts on the shop, but it does mean that you won't be able to take payments via the API. The customer would have to be directed to the web_url to complete the checkout themselves. 

I hope that helps to clarify well enough, but let me know if I can help with anything else!

Josh | Shopify 

kcin1993
Shopify Partner
63 0 5

In our app, we only need to redirect customers to checkout website and let customers finish the payment in Shopify's URL by themselves . Thus checkout_api_supported doesn't effect our app right? 

Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 233

It shouldn't, no - as long as you're not trying to take payments with the Checkout API, I'm not seeing any way this should affect your app functionality. 

Josh | Shopify 

akhtarkiwi
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

@Josh 
I am also getting same error. can you please look into this. FYI checkout_api_supported  is enabled for the shop.
Here might be required information for debug

X-Request-ID -> 28a944d0-4132-48ca-bbea-3cb415bf02f3
Store is -> topfantest.myshopify.com

Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 233

Hi @akhtarkiwi , 

That is an affiliate/development shop, which only gets 50 orders for free and looks to have hit that limit which disables the checkout. 

I've added 40 more test orders for you, so it should be working again. If it gets to the point that you run out again, you may want to consider a new shop or transferring it to a subscription if you intend to use the shop for real purchases in the future.

Josh | Shopify 

Mmbkeno
Visitor
1 0 1
Whenever I’m trying to review my check out section, Checkout System disabled: Checkout is disabled. continues show