Collect additional customer information from My Account page

Flyingdev
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi everyone!

I hope you are doing great. 

We created a page called Coupon under My account page. I want customers to have an ability to save their date of birth, gender, pet status. We need to provide coupons on customers birthdays and send them emails to notice that they get birthday coupon codes. We also need to send different emails to customers depending on the additional information including gender and pet status.

My question is what is the best solution to send these customer information from the following Coupon page to customer profiles in Shopify admin.
http://prntscr.com/u2ea20

https://z-natural-foods.myshopify.com/pages/coupon

coupon page.png

We want to collect the additional information from this page. This information needs to be used in the Remarkety app, which we use for email automation. 

Can anyone kindly suggest or help me with this problem?

I look forward to hearing back from someone experienced in this field.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
232 2 119

Hi @Flyingdev,

As mentioned on many other threads, Shopify does not allow the customer details page in the Shopify admin to be customized. Without the use of an app, the most common solution is saving custom data into the Customer Note field --> See Shopify's tutorial.

With Customer Fields, you can collect additional 'custom' data for customers for virtually anything you'd like such as date of birth, gender, or pet status.

All of the data for custom fields is saved into Shopify's metafields automatically, and this means you can easily display this custom data directly on the storefront using Liquid. The app has its own customer directory that allows you to easily access all of your customer data.

If needed you can export the data to a CSV, or integrate with an app like Remarkety through our Zapier integration!

Michael, Former Director of Business Development @ Helium (view current profile)
- Customer Fields ✪ 4.9/5 (242 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪ 4.7/5 (203 reviews)
0 Likes