Collection Image Not Updating

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Hello,

When I update the collection image in Shopify, I don't see it update on my website. I'm using gatsby-source-shopify to pull in the data, and I have webhooks enabled for collection create, update, and delete to rebuild my Gatsby site in Netlify.

The proper collection image is showing in my local Gatsby development build, but not in the Netlify production build. I'm using the exact same environment variables in both setups.

Any help is appreciated, and I can provide more information if need be!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9930 105 1766

Not updating in what sense? As in the asset is in Shopify, but not displayed on the front end or the image isn't making it to Shopify?
Got a link to said collection?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Hey Jason,

The image is making it to the Shopify admin dashboard just fine, but not to my website.

Here is a link to the site, it's a completely custom Gatsby front end, powered by gatsby-source-shopify.

https://ironjimmy.netlify.com/lifting-straps

In my admin dashboard, I've uploaded a different image than what is being shown as the collection image (the one with the two black straps and the square Iron Jimmy logo). The collection image should be the same as the "Leather Lifting Straps - 1"" product.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9930 105 1766

How are you pulling the image data from Shopify? Never used that library so will have limited insights - we can guess our way through.

Is it possible that you had the other image first and you later replaced it with an image of the same name? How that image is fetched is going to be where the problem is. For your own testing, have you been able to output the returned image path data that the library returns from Shopify side? Since my insight into is low, my test would include adding a new image with a different filename just to see if that gives a different result.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Jason,

Thanks again for the replies.

I'm pulling data from Shopify using the gatsby-source-shopify plugin. It uses the Shopify Storefront API under the hood to query data from Shopify.

Here's what I just tried:

1. Delete the old collection completely.

2. Recreate a very similar collection.

3. Wait for the site to rebuild on Netlify.

4. Successfully verified that the collection image was correct.

5. Change the collection image to a differnt image with a different name.

6. Wait for the site to rebuild on Netlify.

7. Unsuccessful verification of the collection image.

Whether in my local development environment or on Netlify, once I change the collection image it never shows up, even after clearing the cache, rebuilding the site, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Jason,

After some additional testing, I have found that the problem occurs when I upload a collection image with the same name.

I've even tried deleting the collection entirely, then recreating with an image of the same name, and there's still an issue.

Is this expected?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Hey Folks,

Bumping this thread. We are still seeing the issue with updating collection images!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I have been searching Google for the same thing!  I can't seem to figure out why my collections are not showing their assigned cover images/photo on my website!  Have not been able to find an answer :(

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9 0 2

I was having the same problem, despite my collection images having unique names.

I eventually "removed" the image, then saved the collection. Then uploaded the new image. This finally worked. (after many attempts of trying to use the "change image" feature which never worked!)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Literally having that problem right now

1 Like