Consent tracking API - cookie_not_present error

Highlighted
2 0 4

Hello,

In my app, I've implemented Consent tracking API as in the documentation example. It doesn't work.

When calling Shopify.trackingConsent.setTrackingConsent method, there is a 400 error when requesting /set_tracking_consent.json . The error message is: cookie_not_present "cookie not present". I've found it is related to the Shopify's '_tracking_consent' cookie. When should this cookie be created? Should my app set it? If so, can you point me to a manual on how to set it? 

Can you give a detailed instructions how to deal with this problem? The documentation is minimal and does not address it.

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
107 8 33

I also get this error in the console on every page with my minimal theme. I have the beeclever GDPR consent manager installed. How to fix this? I have two errors with this in the console. Anybody has some thoughts about this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Not 100% sure, but if you go into Online Store › Preferences › Customer privacy, you'll be able to enable limited tracking for GDPR and CCPA. This might kickstart that required cookie.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
107 8 33

@brant Thank you so much for your answer!!! That's it! Unfortunately, the beeclever GDPR Cookie consent tool i'm using is not yet using this new shopify cookie API, so if I activate this option you mentioned in preferences, the error is gone, but also my cookie tool is not showing up anymore and I have no possibility to run the tag manager and analytics. I guess beeclever is already working on a solution, I'll get into contact with them.

Thank you!!!

0 Likes