Create email notifaction when customer creates account

Tourist
13 0 1

Good afternoon all

We have jsut set up a wholesale shopify page and have it set to customer acccount only. Thus it would be really good for us to have an automatic email notification sent when a new account is created as these ahve to be tagged "wholesale" in order to be able to purchase.

I understand from research that this can be done with webhooks. however, for us that are not beginners in tthe coding of JSON, is there any good guide to properly set this up. I would like to give it a good crack before giving it away to some freelancer. 

Any insights are creatly appriciated

thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2000 82 1452

If you're automatically tagging every customer as they create an account doesn't that make the need for the tag redundant? Sounds like you just need to check if a customer is logged in or not.

There could be more to it than this however.

Wholesale shops generally either manually approve customers and then add the tag, or vett them via some means. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

If only. Customers can only checkout with an approved wholesale tag in order to access cart (Locksmith app), i.e we need to review every account before approving the WS tag. Thus, it woudl be a good thing for the sales staff to know when a new customer have signed up via an automatic email repsons in in order to prevent constant refreshing of customer page every 15 mins or so. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2000 82 1452

Gotcha - so this isn't auto adding tags and does follow the more traditional method of vetting.
Now the plan of using a webhook makes sense.

Adding a webhook is simple so the first hurdle will be working out how you're going to accept to the webhook data in the first place. You can create an app and process that data on your server, but you might also want to look at third party services (like Zapier, Mailgun, etc). That choice may be determined by what developer skills you have in house.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 0 11

I'll move this thread to APIs and Technology

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello, 

Did you manage to find a solution to the need you had? We currently need something similar. Tell me please.

Thank you

0 Likes