Create fulfillment causes open fulfillment turned into cancelled

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Normally, when the order is created, the fulfillments is empty. However, we just saw a case that when the order was created, the fulfillments was already provided an "open" status. When we created a new fulfillment later, the status turned “cancelled”, and we are not able to fulfill it anymore. Not sure if it’s caused by a third party order creating app or anything, has anyone seen this case before? How can we resolve it?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 10

Hello @alanz1985,

Yes, it is true that when any order created the fulfillment is empty. Will you please provide me the list of the app you are using for order creation or order shipment?

Because if fulfillments (i.e., tracking details) already get updated then:

-> You need to check that from where your orders get created on your store, is there any third party app creating orders on your Shopify or get created directly.

-> It may be you are using any third-party app for order fulfillment, which used to ship your orders as soon as it gets created on your Shopify store.

So, you need to check the app and asked him not to provide the tracking details as earlier as the order gets created on your Shopify.

Let me know if still any confusion.

Thanks

Business Analyst
Migration, Importer & Marketplace Integration Expert
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi @Swati_Ced,

Thank you for your reply, I can't provide you the list of APPs, because a user of our APP has this problem, not me, I am an APP developer.
I found that when there is a Fulfillment whose state is "open", then I use the Create Fulfillment API with the line_items parameter, the original Fulfillment will be canceled, the order is still not fulfilled, and the next time I call the Create Fulfillment API, I only get a "line items were fulfilled" error and the order will no longer be fulfilled.
I don't think this is normal. I think I will get an error message, but the order can still be fulfilled.
I hope you can help me.

Thanks,
Alan

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 10

Hi @alanz1985,

No problem if you can't share the app list, but you can ask your, seller, to provide you the access of collaborator account and can check the activities under the orde section

OR

The second option is, if seller is denying to give the access you can ask the seller to check the activity by clicking on that particular order under the Order section.

By doing this you can check the overall activities of that order as well as you can also check the app which is responsible for his/her order management services.

Hopefully, it will be helpful for you.

Thanks,

Business Analyst
Migration, Importer & Marketplace Integration Expert
0 Likes