Creating a fulfillment "Line items are already fulfilled" but there are no fulfillments on the order

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 1 11

Hello,

When creating a fulfillment via the rest API for several orders on each shop I am getting an error of

"Line items are already fulfilled".

However if I query the fulfillments endpoint for the order it shows that there are no fulfillments.  The fulfillment status recorded on the line item is null.  And the merchant reports that the order is not displayed as fulfilled and they get an error when attempting to manually fulfill the items.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this kind of lock?  I am unable to fix the fulfillments as when we attempt to create one they it is reporting that it is already fulfilled but the merchant and api are reporting that the orders are not yet fulfilled and have no fulfillments?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

I encountered this recently with someone else. The issue was identified and a fix was deployed at around the same time you made this post, is this ongoing for you?

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 1 11

Yes,

I am still having this issue on several shops.  I can let you know the order id's if needed.  Please let me know what can be done to resolve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

Thanks for confirming. Yes, order IDs would be appreciated and I can take a look at what might still be going on.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 1 11

Thanks Alex,

It looks like the remaining ones were a different error where the fulfillment could not be created on orders that had been cancelled.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi,
I also facing the same problem,
I get response "base - Line items are already fulfilled".
and I am using https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/fulfillment this api  "Fulfill an order using a non-supported tracking company without a tracking URL (generates best guess URL if the number matches the recognizable pattern)"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

I have an order at this time which has 1 fulfillment. I cancelled the fulfillment since the order was returned by the post office to us. However, for some reason each individual line item within the order is still marked as fulfilled, so we cannot create any further fulfillments. If anyone wants to look into this the order id is 1912362762323 and the fulfillment id is  1801485549651.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0

I got the same error when trying to fulfill a refunded order. In this case, the order was fulfilled and was shipped out

and at the same time, the order was refunded. 

I think this case is not strange to most people?

Thanks!

0 Likes