Cross domain tracking between the shopify App Store Page and App

2 0 0

Hi!

We are an agency that received a request from a client. They actually have a Shopify App called "Change Commerce" and they're trying to track the following: 1) the interactions users have with the Shopify store page (where users download the App from the store) and 2) the interactions users have with the actual app inside their Shopify accounts.

Right now they were able to set some tracking for both of those things, but they were unable to cross-reference the data of single users (identifying when a specific user clicks download on the Shopify app store and then being able to see what that same user does with the actual app after installing it). Right now the data from those two sources is disconnected.

We wanted to know if we can implement "cross-domain tracking" between their app and this URL https://apps.shopify.com/change-commerce so they can identify a user across them. Do you have a recommendation for this?

To our understanding, the amount of customization we are allowed within the Shopify store page is very limited, so we wanted to know whether or not we could implement some kind of custom analytics tracking there or if we were limited to providing an ID to Shopify and that's it. This would help me know from the start whether what we want to do can be done at all.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
160 26 25

Hey @Condornegro,

It's limited to providing an ID. More info here.

1 Like
2 0 0

Do you know if there's anything we could try in order to achieve cross-domain tracking there? It's unlikely but I was wondering if there might be a workaround.

@scottydont wrote:

Hey @Condornegro,

It's limited to providing an ID. More info here.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
160 26 25

Not that I can think of - I'm not too familiar with GA, others might have some suggestions?

0 Likes