Custom App Merchant install link does not work

Solved
2 0 0

Shopify recently changed the whole way apps are created in partners.shopify.com. Previously, I could create an app in there and use a link akin to https://[YOUR_SHOP_NAME].myshopify.com/admin/oauth/authorize?client_id=[YOUR_API_KEY]&scope=unauthenticated_read_content&redirect_uri=[YOUR_REDIRECT_URL] to install the app on a store. Now Shopify wants me to use a "Merchant Install Link" and it does not work. It sends me to the Redirect URL after I click it, as it should, but the custom app does not appear installed in the store's https://[YOUR_SHOP_NAME].myshopify.com/admin/apps section. I think this is a problem with the update which Shopify made to their interface. How can I install my apps now? They are just for one store, not to be published or anything. I tried to install apps on multiple stores now, but nothing is working.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 1

I got the same problem. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like
2 0 0

Did you figure it out? Shopify support doesn't seem to understand what is going on. They keep telling me the app needs 100 installs for their developers to look at it, and I keep telling them the problem is not with the app, it's with the updates they made to the platform.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 1

The problem still perplexes me. I sent the screenshot and merchant install link to them. I waiting for their's response now, but not received yet.

WechatIMG789.png

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 1

I solved the problem by myself.
Follow the tutorials: Build a Shopify App with Node.js and React

After I run "npm run dev", Then use the merchant install link. It finally works.

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
5 1 1

Here is the screenshot of the node.js project.

WX20200109-134801.png

And this is the Url setting of the Custom app.

WX20200109-135437.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
373 50 57

Hey @dan1000,

Were you able to make progress on this one? If not, are you able to provide the app id?

0 Likes