Custom Carrier Service not requesting rates from our carrier callback url

Highlighted
Trailblazer
195 0 84

@Alex Richter what's the status of this? I'm still running temporary shipping rates and losing money because of it. 

Am I safe to disable them now because this has been fully resolved, or would it be wise to continue to run temporary rates to avoid inability to sell due to ongoing issues.

Feedback would be appreicated. 

Additionally if this is resolved, a nice debreif would be appreciated on what steps we could implement to lessen the impact of such events in the future. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1460 66 218

Hey Jordan,

We haven't been able to roll out a fix that would completely resolve the issue. With that being said we've applied a (at the very least) partial fix of increasing our timeout threshold. From what I can tell this mostly affected overseas (relative to NA) servers. Are you able to, in a controlled environment, see if you're in the clear? All information I have available to me says you are, but we can't say for sure unless you can test.

The fix is going to be quite low level so we're taking extra care to not break anything when we deploy it when it's ready. I'll be providing a debrief of anything I can share here. As far as what to probably expect: not much you guys could have done on your end to mitigate this, but I'll have clearer answers when this is gone hopefully.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
195 0 84

Thanks for the consise reply. 

I've not been affected since  2018-05-31 02:00:00 UTC I don't believe.

As for future mitigation for carrierServices errors, since errors can also happen on our end with regards to our endpoints, is when creating a carrierService provide the ability to add some "default shipping options" should no response, or inability to connect to remote server. 

Else a simplier fix would be to provide adequate email notifications to the store administrators, when these cases also happen.

Because our endpoints do go down, just like now it seems, yours can as well.

In my couple years running carrierService it's gone down shortly at least a dozen times for what ever reasons (in the past AWS Lambda errors)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
43 0 5

I've had two customers complaining of an error message appearing while updating the carrier service settings - effecetively removing and adding the carrier service via the API. '

Your cart has veen modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate.'

While this message is as expected, it came with zero shipping alternatives, and then started working again in incognito mode or just waiting a few minutes.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Same issue here

0 Likes
2 0 0

Still have this problem, i am not receiving call to app

0 Likes
6 0 0

hi I am creating carrier service but rates are not showing on checkout please help me

it showing this https://prnt.sc/p535vk

And I checked there is no available service in the counties 

https://shipofy-test-store.myshopify.com/admin/settings/shipping/carrier_services/17756880947/availa...

it showing empty array.Please help me its very urgent for me

0 Likes
2 0 0

Can you show example of code?

0 Likes
6 0 0

could you find out this problem i have same problem

0 Likes