Custom Product

Tourist
8 0 0

Hi,

My client has a shopify website https://www.roodyoriginals.com/pages/socks100test  

He wants me to allow customisation of the socks on the website.

The user should be able to upload an image and it will change the design on the sock.

I currently have a prototype on my server which uses ImageMagick to place an uploaded image on the sock following the design pattern (of the second image in the slideshow on the page above).

Would the flow be to host the solution on our server and add the add to cart button or should I be building some kind of app within spotify that retrieves the image from my server which would be shown to the user within the spotify store?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1369 56 202

You could do either, but it would probably make for a better UX if you present the interface on the storefront rather than externally. Meeting in the middle would be making use of App Proxies, allowing you to present a view within your app in the storefront, which includes liquid support.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

It seems to me that I can create an Iframe on one of my shopify store pages that has a form which allows a user to upload an image which is processed on my server and can use the Product API to add a new product using the image and redirect to that product page  on the shopify store and can then purchase the product through the shopify store.  I hope this flow is appropriate.

0 Likes