Custom shopify app development for marketplace integration

Solved
mikamai
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

We are developing a custom app that handles the integration between shopify and a marketplace. We would like to know how shopify handles synchronization when a product is sold on this marketplace and shopify needs to vary the availability of that product. Does shopify poll the marketplace to see if the quantity has varied or are there other solutions?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

0 Likes
policenauts
Trailblazer
185 9 43

This is an accepted solution.

Which marketplace? I think if it's your app and a custom integration, you will need to build your own custom synchronization to decrement inventory as appropriate. I haven't done exactly this, but I also think instead of polling you should consider using Shopify's orders/create webhook as the trigger. 

Golfstix
2 0 0

Hey there! Did you build the app on behalf of a marketplace client or as a solution provider yourself for marketplace operators? I'm currently seeking a Shopify integration for the Golfstix marketplace (launching soon) to streamline inventory management for our golf industry power sellers that currently use Shopify and eBay. Is there a potential fit here? Let me know!

Thanks,
Steve

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4510 46 492

A proper Shopify integration to the marketplace, turns that marketplace into a sales channel. A proper integration would take a sale on the marketplace and make adjustments to Shopify. There are numerous ways to code this up appropriately.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes

By integrating Shopify into a marketplace will open up a new sales channel. Some adjustments have to be done with a Shopify store for seamless integration. Using the Shopify Webhook API could be useful for you. However, you can choose the best Shopify web developer to fulfill your requirements safely and smoothly with the help of seasoned experts.

0 Likes
jllglobal
3 0 0

hi, do you develop custom apps for shopify, we are looking for a marketplace/multi vendor application but as a business we want to protect the data of our partners, is this possible? thank you

0 Likes
EllaMorgan
1 0 0

I am looking for an integrated marketplace app for my Shopify store. Have you created this yet? 

0 Likes