Custom storefront checkout still redirects to Shopify standard theme

malthemilthers
Excursionist
17 1 9

Hi,

I'm building a custom storefront. Everything works so far on my storefront side. I can add products to cart. Send the user to the shopify checkout etc...

But as soon as the customer leaves my storefront, and goes to the shopify checkout, how do they get back to my storefront? I'd like them to land on my website with a "thank you message" after completed checkout. Also if there is a cart error, such as sold out items, the user is currently being send back to the regular shopify theme. How do I send them to my custom storefront on error — preferably with an error message? 

It's super confusing for the user, if they land on totally different page efter checkout, and I think the Storefront API is incomplete if there's no way around this. 

Documentations is lacking a little in this regard it seems, so I hope there is a solution to this. 

Thanks. 

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

One workaround

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Redirecting-back-to-Custom-Site-after-JS-Buy-SDK-C...

there's also testing whether the undocumented return_to param applies here, or the fd param accepts a url or is only for no forwarding.

If you using https://github.com/Shopify/js-buy-sdk consider opening a ticket.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

malthemilthers
Excursionist
17 1 9

Hi Paul, Thanks for replying! 

Where did you get the "return_to" param from? And if it exists.. How'd I use it? as a url param when sending the user to checkout? 

also seems the fd param is ment to avoid forwards to primary domain. I'm not even sure how to set a primary domain.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

return_to is just used throughout the years in various templates, never really properly documented. Basically give it a relative url.

Do a google search on the forum

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org