Customer Authentication from external website using email and password

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Devs,

We are enthusiast web developers and currently forging an app using Shopify. We have the Shopify Plus subscription already and we have a store as well (obviously  ).

Now, as we are creating a new site that will have a solely new purpose, and we want to use the same customer base so that the user doesn't have to create a new account on our new app. He should able to use the same credentials. We have a good customer base and we just want to maintain it at the Shopify store only. 

We tried everything provided on the community forums and also got our hands scroll the documentation and implemented as instructed. But we didn't find any luck. We have enabled Multipass login as well. 

We request you to kindly provide a stepwise solution (or API) on how the customer can log in through our site using (same) 'email' and 'password'.

Please let me know if you require more information. 

Thank you in anticipation. 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 76 139

Hey @nevil_kothari,

Multipass is the way to go here, what's not working for you? The instructions for using Multipass including an example implementation are available in the docs here.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi @_JB,

Thank you very much for the reply. So actually the problem here is that we want to authenticate the customers which already exist in shopify store based on email and password for our external website. We found that Multipass provides the way to authenticate based on email only. So is there any way to authenticate the customer by using email and password both. (on external websites).

Awaiting your reply. Many Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Don't suppose you found a way to do this? - I'm attempting the same.

My OAuth works for the Admin Accounts - Not for customer accounts..

0 Likes