Customer Order Count is Zero in Dev Store

Brandon_Kane
Excursionist
18 0 8

Hello,

We are in the process of integrating our platform with Shopify and are seeing some strange behaviour in the dev store we are using to test.

On customer records, we are seeing the total_spent and orders_count field equal to zero for all customers, even if they have orders.  It doesn't seem to matter what state the customer or the order is in.  On the "Customers" page in our dev store we see the list of customers, but they all have 0 for both fields there too.  If I click on a customer, the detail page for that customer correctly shows several orders that the customer has placed.  

Is this something that is expected behaviour in a dev store or is there something else I'm missing here?

Thanks!

Brandon

Chris_Saunders
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 0 49

Are those orders flagged as test orders? Test orders don't go towards the order count or totals for a customer since no actual money was made.

Neil_Costford1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
29 0 6

Hi Brandon,

Your intuition about expected behaviour in a dev store is correct: the total_spent field will only include data for non-test transactions. The orders on your test store have been processed with the bogus gateway which is why they're not contributing to your Revenue and not included in your customers' total_spent field. The same qualification applies for the orders_count field.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Neil

0 Likes
Brandon_Kane
Excursionist
18 0 8

Thanks Chris and Neil!  Good to know it is expected behaviour.  

Another thing which doesn't seem to be getting populated is the landing_site and referring_site - are those also not populated for test transactions?

B

0 Likes
CloudlabSam
Explorer
66 3 4

This should work for test transactions - at least in my experience.

0 Likes