Customer 'State' : Customer account creation

Mannan_Khanna
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi all,

I'm looking to differentiate between a customer who has created an account on my store and one that has declined my invitation to create an account. The API documentation says that that the 'state' field would assist with this but it has the same value for both scenarios.

state

"state": "disabled"

The state of the customer's account with a shop. The state can be changed in the Shopify admin or by the customer, but not through the API. Default value: disabled. Valid values:

• disabled: The customer doesn't have an active account. Customer acounts can be disabled from the Shopify admin at any time.
  • invited: The customer has received an emailed invite to create an account.
  • enabled: The customer has created an account.
  • enabled: The customer declined the email invite to create an account.

Anyone got ideas?

Technical Consultant, Celigo (Shopify Plus Partner)

I propose you to use this liqud customer object - https://help.shopify.com/themes/liquid/objects/customer

Hope it helps!)

Best,
Arthur

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes

Sorry for my answer above, I misunderstood the question right away. If there are ideas how to solve it, I'll write you.

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
Mannan_Khanna
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Thanks Arthur!

Technical Consultant, Celigo (Shopify Plus Partner)
0 Likes
boronine
1 0 0

Just adding a +1 for Shopify to add this field to the customer data. Our app has to work around this limitation.

0 Likes