Solved

Customer registration/sending additional fields with webhook

brodrig
Shopify Partner
13 1 2

Hi,

I'm trying to receive some additional form information in my shopify app when a user submits a registration form. I was wondering if a possible way to do this was by creating a webhook which sent some additional metadata as part of its request whenever a user creates an account.

If not, is it possible to create my own personal registration form which has the same exact functionality as the shopify registration, but has a couple additional fields and is handled by my application. To do so I would need to both create a customer account and immediately log that customer in from my application to simulate the shopify process.

I'm very new to app development in shopify so any guidance would be a big help.

Thanks so much!

Accepted Solution (1)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 406

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @brodrig,

One approach would be to collect this information with a notes field. Keep in mind the notes are show in the admin.

Alternatively, you could replace the customer registration form with your own, and use the Customer API to create the account.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 406

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @brodrig,

One approach would be to collect this information with a notes field. Keep in mind the notes are show in the admin.

Alternatively, you could replace the customer registration form with your own, and use the Customer API to create the account.

brodrig
Shopify Partner
13 1 2

Thanks @SBD_,

I was thinking about using Customer API, however, I want to create a registration process similar to Shopify's default where it logs you in immediately when you register. From what I can tell this isn't possible from the Customer API because it can't sign a user in, is this correct? Do you think I could work around this?

Thanks!

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 406

If you're working with a Plus merchant, Multipass can help with that.

Otherwise you'd need to submit the login form on the customer's behalf, which would have its own complications.

baggio_giacomo
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hi there Brodrig,

we've developed an app that lets you add any custom field to the registration form. The data will be saved into customer metafields.

This is the app: https://apps.shopify.com/amplius

You have 7 days to try this app for free, then you will have to pay according to your store size!

If you have any questions or need assistance setting up the app, please feel free to reach out to our support team at info@inkofpixel.com
We are happy to help.