Default variant Id has been changed automatically without webhook notification

I recognized that the default variant Id in product has been changed automatically somehow without webhook notification, we don't know when it's changed and why.

Could someone please help to take a look at that issue

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2003

Are you suggesting that a variant ID has changed from what it was? An ID can not be changed so I think that I'm not understanding your question properly.

A bit of extra info could make things clearer.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply, I'm using product API which document here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/products/product#show. In response, there is a fragment for showing list of variants. If my product doesn't have any variant, it would be a default variant with title `Default Title`. 

However sometime the ID of that `Default Title` variant has changed without sending back to webhook `products/update` with that change. 

For example, few days ago, we have a product with default variant Id was 14930402574382 but today, I access the API again and variantId is 14944269926446

Could you please help to check.

Thanks and best regards

0 Likes

Hi Jason, 

I have clarify the problem, could you please help to check

0 Likes
anhbui
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi Jason,
I had same problem. I checked 3 products: 1131284561963, 1131284332587, 1131284332587
It has been changed with only 4 field "variant_id", "inventory_item_id" and "admin_graphql_api_id", "updated_at"  otherwise keeped value
I don't recevice any webhook though I registed webhook "products"
How can I know that field change, how can I test that?

0 Likes
anhbui
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi Jason, 

I have clarify the problem, could you please help to check

0 Likes
quiantem
1 0 0

I came across the same problem. I am making a system where I am saving the variant ids in a database to update them. Sometimes the I get a 422, so I checked everything and I saw that some ids had changed and some variants disappeared. 

0 Likes