Delivery expectations -before add to cart?

BradleyD
2 0 0

Hello! What Sales channel API or method would allow me to give end-users a  "get it by {date}" and even a "ship by {date}" experience while shopping/browsing.  This seems to be a very useful technique to gain trust from visitors.  For example, marketplaces like Amazon have this feature and it definitely helps a customer choose between products if they know or feel they can get what they choose before they add the item to their cart.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1195 106 290

The way I would approach this problem:

1) Use JavaScript to calculate expected ship date on product page or wherever

2a) For the logic you can either code it into the script, if you ship times are relatively consistent

2b) Or if you calculate exact shipping estimations, you could make an API call to whatever ship carrier you're using.

I would stick to 2a and just do a range, but either solution would work as long as you have access to the data.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).