Detecting via API if an order has been edited

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm developing a custom app for my store. I recently started using the admin order edit feature, but I don't know how to derive via API if an order has been edited or not, and if so, what line items have been removed. Are removed line items given a special tag or fulfillment status? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1040 139 163

Hey @bicycle-glass,

Only recently announced, there's a new order/edit webhook which describes what has changed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey @scottydont , 

thanks for providing the link to the changelog. 

However, the answer @bicycle-glass is looking for was not in there. 
What we are looking for is the information on which item has been changed (removed, added, or updated) and most importantly when. 

To give you an example: An order that was placed on March 20th, edited on March 25th and fulfilled on March 30th has a processed_at value of 3/20, a created_at value of 3/20, and a updated_at value of 3/30th. The time when the order was edited does not show up anywhere. 
It is also not visible what has been edited of an order. 
In the Analytics Reports section, the edited timestamp is used for the portion of the order that was edited. That creates a lot of confusion because applications rely on the API but cannot get the edited timestamp.

Let me know if I can provide more background. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1040 139 163

Hey @42technologies 

Right now that information is only available via the order/edited webhook. As you've pointed out, this isn't ideal after the fact. I'll share your feedback with the team.

1 Like