Developing a storefront without payment processing

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am a  mobile app developer and have a client who would like to build a custom app for his store. The app has two components:

1. Pulling in data from the store 
  2. Being able to place the order but without a payment processor (meaning they handle payments in their warehouse with checks).

I've read through the documentation and understand that with the Storefront API I am able to pull store data. What I am not seeing is how I would go about allowing users to place orders of varying quantities without a payment processor. 

Before I dive into this project - is it possible to place orders with the Storefront API? If so, what is required and where can I find more information?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 72 54

Hey @gemran 

1. Correct, you can use the Storefront API to grab your products, as well as handle other storefront related actions such as login, pages, etc. 
  2. This is the tricky part, the Storefront API is able to create orders through the API, but having a manual gateway (i.e not requiring a payment processor) is not available right now. If you render the Web Checkout in an in-app browser then you will have access to this option. 

Resources: 

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes