Development App for Development Environment

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

Hi,

I need to be able to perform development on my Shopify plugin without impacting my production app. In the past, I've created a separate app and filled in the configuration with my development environment information. I'd make a partial app store listing and get the URL to the listing. Then, I'd install it on my Shopify test store by following that URL, clicking 'install', and it worked well enough.

Today, I created a new app in my partner dashboard and configured it to point to my development application. However, I can no longer save an app store listing and therefore have no way to install the app on my test store.

I'm wondering if there is a standard procedure for creating test apps that can be loaded into test stores. Thanks in advance!!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

Hey Sheldon,

What do you mean you can't save an unpublished app store listing? To my knowledge nothing should be barring you from doing that.

Additionally, you don't need a listing to install your app. As long as you have the API client created in your partner dashboard, you can simply visit your app url with a shop parameter (unless you want to do hmac validation of course).

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Why don't you try to hire app development organization for every aspect of development that way you can relax.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I think you can choose the best android app development company for this, it helps to give you the quality of work. 

website developer in mumbai
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I think you can choose the best android app development company for doing your work good. 

website developer in mumbai
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

If you need any assistance, I'd recommend you the app development agency who can provide you with the best solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm agreed with your suggestion, i also recommend you find some other information here https://wistech.biz/mobile-and-web-applications/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Your idea is quite unique. I'm also a web developer in Lahore working with TheWebsTime.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Your idea is pretty exclusive. I am also a developer and working with web development agency in the USA

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

The previous procedure seemed a better option for me. However, you can always seek help from a leading web and app development company to execute it perfectly.

0 Likes