Did anything change with response codes recently/today?

Highlighted
8 0 0

I have a python app that has been working flawlessly for months. I was testing a new feature today that shouldn't have touched anything related to connection to shopify but I started getting surprise errors:

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool
#skipping some middle stuff 
 Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

in my reading this error arises when the server is unreachable or intentionally refusing to respond to a request. With shopify, I'd expected 4xx or 5xx error codes, but not a total connection refusal. Is this expected behavior? 

At this point, i'm expecting that the issue lies somewhere on my end, but I thought I'd check in to make sure that there wasn't some change on the shopify side of things first. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9852 98 1622

Being unable to even make a connection would make me think it's more of a local issue. Even with an invalid call or incorrect auth you would have still connected to the API in some way.

You can always do a quick test in a different stack (or just use postman or something) to help confirm it. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the reply, you were right, it was a complicated local issue that I think I've resolved now. 

0 Likes