Differentiating factor while creating a checkout using storefront API to identify the source.

arjun3396
1 0 0

I am trying to create a checkout with a note and customAttributes I want to read these notes or customAttributes on the thank you page to know that the order is created by api and based on that i want to run a script which will redirect the user back the my app after the checkout is done. In the document https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/checkout#checkout-order it is mentioned that i have note and order accessible on checkout object on thank you page but when i check the note it is always null, and the same is there with order, can anyone please help in this, i need a differentiating factor between orders created by online store and orders created by api, anything by default or anything which i can set on checkout object while creating checkout and read on thank you page will work fine.

Thank You.

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 28 41

Hey @arjun3396 

Would you be able to provide the x-request-id from the response headers on the API call you are making to create the checkout? 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes