Discount Code Usage Not Increasing on Test Store

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello!

I'm developing an app for a Shopify Plus client, and it has to do with creating discount codes for customers.

So far I'm able to create a price rule and an associated discount code using the API just fine. But when I enter that API-created discount code at checkout like a normal consumer would, and finish checking out, the usage_count of the price rule/discount code never increases. Even if I go into orders and fulfill it etc.

Further, I can also see that if I create a discount code manually in the admin section, and then use that as a normal consumer, the usage count also does not increase? So is this a test store only thing, or am I missing something?

The usage count never seems to increase no matter what I do. I know I can't increase it using the API, that's fine, but I don't understand why when I use the code, it doesn't show that it's been used in the admin section.

Is this just because I'm using a test store? Or is it because I'm using the test payments method? If it is just a test flag or something, when does the discount code usage count normally increment? Is it upon payment? Upon fulfillment?

Why won't the usage count of a discount code increase, even though I am able to apply the discount code at checkout?

Thanks y'all!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
922 121 129

Hey @zibs,

These can sometimes take a a short moment to catch up - has the usage count increased? If not, can you provide the test store url? (in reply or DM).

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey @scottydont, thanks for the reply!

You're right, I see now that they've caught up and display correctly now. 

It also looks like that even if the admin site doesn't show the correct usage count i.e it still shows 0/1 even if I've used it once, that I am unable to use it again, which is correct (since it should be 1/1), and so it looks like it has been at least validated on Shopify's side.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes