Solved

Discrepancy between sales over time and orders

bahaayadi
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello,

How come there's a difference in the number of orders between two reports: Sales over Time and the Orders.

Example:

Sales Over Time:

bahaayadi_0-1627294923656.png

Orders: (After the first page which contains 50 orders)

bahaayadi_1-1627294980776.png

So where did that extra order came from?

When getting the orders from the webhook, I've got 66 orders too.

Can somebody  help please?

Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @bahaayadi 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums with your question. I appreciate the screenshots you shared as well as it allows me to have a better idea of the issue you are facing. When reviewing your store analytics, it is important to note that it can take up to 48 hours for your analytic pages to be updated after new orders come through. While it is usually faster than that, delays can happen. Lets go with the assumption that the list is fully up to date and you are still seeing that discrepancy. 

There are a few things I can suggest for you to help narrow down the issue. I would roll back the date for the analytic reports one day at a time to help isolate the date/timeframe for the discrepancy that you are seeing. Once you have it narrowed down, we know that we can look at the list of orders past that date for any potential issues. You can skip this step, but narrowing the window of time makes the process faster!

Next, in your analytic reports you will want to add the column "Order Name", which adds the order ID number for the sales orders. Now we can see the list of orders that could be part of the discrepancy and if narrowed down to just a day or two, we can do a quick comparison to see which order is the one off. From there, you can look into the order and see what the issue was in the reporting for it. 

26-32-99596-33117

If you need any help with this, or are unable to confirm the issue that caused this discrepancy (and 48 hours since the order was created has passed) please don't hesitate to reach out to our live support for additional help. To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. 

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @bahaayadi 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums with your question. I appreciate the screenshots you shared as well as it allows me to have a better idea of the issue you are facing. When reviewing your store analytics, it is important to note that it can take up to 48 hours for your analytic pages to be updated after new orders come through. While it is usually faster than that, delays can happen. Lets go with the assumption that the list is fully up to date and you are still seeing that discrepancy. 

There are a few things I can suggest for you to help narrow down the issue. I would roll back the date for the analytic reports one day at a time to help isolate the date/timeframe for the discrepancy that you are seeing. Once you have it narrowed down, we know that we can look at the list of orders past that date for any potential issues. You can skip this step, but narrowing the window of time makes the process faster!

Next, in your analytic reports you will want to add the column "Order Name", which adds the order ID number for the sales orders. Now we can see the list of orders that could be part of the discrepancy and if narrowed down to just a day or two, we can do a quick comparison to see which order is the one off. From there, you can look into the order and see what the issue was in the reporting for it. 

26-32-99596-33117

If you need any help with this, or are unable to confirm the issue that caused this discrepancy (and 48 hours since the order was created has passed) please don't hesitate to reach out to our live support for additional help. To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. 

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bahaayadi
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks for your help!