Display the barcode of item(s) in the order page along with the SKUs

ManPan
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi there,

I was wandering if someone knows if it is possible to display the barcode of item(s) in the order page along with the SKUs in the Shopify

Backoffice?

Barcode.png

According to Shopify's Chat Support, this is something unsupported natively in Shopify.

Does someone has an idea or/and could come up with any idea?

Thanks !

Replies 9 (9)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

These types of things are either done as app links which means navigating away from the orders admin.

Or a separate app used for stock picking, inventory scanning,etc.

Or by browser extension|bookmarklets requiring custom development.

Hypothetically it's possible to submit a barcode image as a line item property on a line item that way the image shows up in the orders admin..

HOWEVER, it would show in the orders admin as a small thumbnail and it would show up during a customers checkout.

Though if stores on a shopifyPlus plan can edit checkout.liquid to suppressed that.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

ManPan
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello @PaulNewton ,

Thanks for jumping in and for your reply.

Actually, I forgot to specify an important detail regarding my question. I dont Want/need to have the barcode image to display in the order page along with the SKUs but the barcode number.

Our agents know our products mostly by their Barcode numbers and not SKUs. When they manage/change/modify orders, it's much simpler/faster for them if they can immediately identify the product with the barcode number, without having to translate the SKUs to find out the equivalent barcode number.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

Well that's  alot simpler

if there's a 1to1 for a products and it's variants to a barcode just use that to fill in a hidden line item property

{% for tag in product.tags %}
<p class="line-item-property__field"> <label for="barcode_number">barcode_number</label> <input id="barcode_number" type="hidden" name="properties[__barcode_number]" value="{{tag_barcode}}"> </p>

If it's many barcodes for each variant you'll want to store the barcode(s) either in a metafield or a mapped list in the theme, or hide them in the product description.

If your not storing SKUS on the variant then use that same method for barcodes

I can implement both solutions contact me with details for pricing either by email in sig or PM on the forums.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Carrie_Boevers
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey there-

I too am wanting to be able to see the barcode field on the orders screen on the admin side. Paul, would you be willing to reach out to me regarding your services in being able to make this happen?

Yessenia_Tseng
Excursionist
17 0 9

Same, please let me know as well.

NazSaveCo
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to have the "barcode" field included in the orders/create webhook payload?

Regards

Naz

MMeira
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!

I had the same question, how do I display the GTIN in the code on my website, several times after trying, I managed to use it with this code.

<meta itemprop="gtin13" content="{{ current_variant.barcode }}">

Lin_RelationsJP
Excursionist
12 0 1

Hi ManPan,

we have the same issue,

Where can I edit the code to display the barcode on orders admin page?

illysgr
Tourist
3 0 1

I had the same issu.