Do I need to reactive the billing when a merchant re-opens his store from pause/frozen/close?

Howard2020
1 0 0

Hi guys, 

I am developing a tool for Shopify appstore and have some questions about the billings.

I know that when a store is paused or frozen, the subscriptions remains but no charge will be taken.

And after the store is re-opened, the subscription charges resume automatically. 

does the words 'automatically' mean Shopify will update the billing date for all the apps the store subscribed? Or should the app dev should handle the deal?

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 30 88

Hey, @Howard2020.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with us. Shopify subscription billing is actually entirely separate from app billing. This means, when a store chooses to pause their account, they are only pausing their subscription - apps continue to bill their account. 

This is why we recommend that stores consider uninstalling third-party apps with recurring charges to avoid unwanted billing; as per the doc I linked above:

17-23-f1yqx-9f0ul

This should address your question, but please let me know if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog