Does Shopify app "product reviews" provides an API to integrate with mobile?

Kiran_Singam
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

We are building native android mobile app using Shopify android Mobile Buy SDK. We would like to show product review ratings on the home and collection pages. Does Shopify app "product reviews" provides an API to integrate with mobile?

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1131 82 191

Hey Kiran, 

There's currently no API endpoint at all to use to work with the Product Reviews app.

Take care! 

Josh Wheeler

0 Likes
anthony677
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Does this mean that there is no way to interact with reviews at all on any Shopify site, without creating an entirely different rating system?

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10035 119 1871

anthony677 - define interact. I'm curious to know what you're trying to do here.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
anthony677
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Interact as in having a wrapper application to integrate with the current review/rating system. Posting/publishing a review, rather than showing already standing reviews.

I guess I've answered my own question according to Josh's response, however I assume it's a simple database that is appended to once a user sends a review, something that isn't hard to integrate with.

0 Likes
WOTIO
Excursionist
32 0 5

You can change the email address in the settings of the review app to be sent a notification when a review is posted, let's say 'reviews@mycompany.com'

Write some code that monitors that email inbox, parse the new emails as they come in and store the data (title, description, email address of the user, timestamp, etc) in a database. Once the data is in a database you can do more with the data from there, but it's still not the same as having an API, but it's something.

I have been toying with writing my own rewards app (so I don't have to pay for it) - I have already written an integration with Mandrill to send automated review emails after an order is delivered. I would then like to reward a customer with points for writing a review. You can't get that sort of functionality without paying monthly fees for apps, and that isn't something a boostrap start up can afford when starting out, but is critical to driving conversion on websites.

WOTIO App: https://apps.shopify.com/automatic-account-invites
0 Likes
Stephen_Gardner
Shopify Partner
27 0 7

As an app developer I'm looking for this integration as well.  Specifically, I'm developing a page that pulls in product reviews for a product and displays them.  An API would be realistically beneficial to third party developers.

0 Likes