Does Shopify plan to add Tax ID (CPF for Brazil) to the checkout form?

Highlighted

Brazil Customs requires any incoming parcels to be clearly marked with the recipient’s name, address, and tax ID number  from 1 Jan 2020

tax ID number: For individuals, that’s called the CPF (short for Cadastro de Pessoas Fisicas) and for businesses it’s the CNPJ (Cadastro Nacional da Pessoa Jurídica)

Does Shopify plan to add Tax ID (CPF for Brazil) to the checkout form or any workaround?

❤️ ShopMaster.com - FREE dropshipping solutions
✔️ Import products | Pirce and Inventory Monitor | Auto-order | Auto Fulfillment
☕ Official dropshipping partner of AliExpress, Banggood, CJDropshipping, and Chianbrands
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1002 128 143

Hey @ShopMaster_ERP,

There's a team looking into a solution. There's no ETA. In the mean time, consider using an app like https://apps.shopify.com/required, adding a field to the cart page or checkout (Plus only).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

A solution to this needs to be provided quickly. Shopify should ensure that all mandatory requirements are able to be captured in checkout without merchants needing to use hacks to get around the requirement. 

Supply stores such as Aliexporess or similar have the system settings based on country selection. Shopify needs to get this out ASAP.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Shopify needed to act asap...

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 8

They don't understand it is a legal requirement.

They also don't understand it is self-destructive as it's a barrier to merchant signup in Brazil.  

Imagine if the ZIP field was missing for US stores and they classified having a zip code as a custom tweak which they won't support except for Plus stores!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

True, this is a huge hassle since it's mandatory and regulated by law here in Brazil. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So they added the field, but there's no way of making it a required field. That's really dumb since it's required by law for online sales. Shopify needs to start listening more to Brazilian store owners...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Hi @TheGraces,

Can you give me more details of which situation you're seeing it as not required?

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.55.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.56.00 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello @plentz How do I get this field ?

I don't see any way in the debut theme to get this field in the Checkout section. I would like this field to show up only for customers coming from Brazil as it is not a required field for other countries.

0 Likes