Does shopify record the IOSS/OSS # for Shipments to the EU?

Richardq
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

I am trying to see if shopify captures the Seller's IOSS/OSS # for shipments to the EU. This is all pertaining to the new VAT tax guidelines set to start July 1st, 2021. When checking the response from the orders API I do not currently see that being sent back. Any insight helps!

Thank you!

Richardq
Tourist
4 0 1

I still have not heard anything back, but I did get a chance to review the json responses from a few clients who are shipping to the EU. I do not see the IOSS/OSS # being captured at all, which leads me to believe 1) Shopify is not currently capturing it. or 2) we need to have them enable that as a field in the response. I will wait for a response from Shopify before moving forward.  

0 Likes
csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 2 1

Hi @Richardq 

The VAT for IOSS is stored on the Shopify shop, however it is not included in order data, and the IOSS value itself is not accessible via the API.

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Richardq
Tourist
4 0 1

@csam 

Is there any way to pass that as a field through the API? In order for our customers to keep track of the amount they are spending towards VAT? In our software they are needing to manually enter the IOSS # to keep track and we are hoping we can get that data through the API to send through to the carriers. Is this a possibility at all? or is there a workaround for now?

thank you!

0 Likes
csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 2 1

Hi @Richardq 

It may be possible to include it as a metafield, tag, or some similar solution. I am also thinking that given that IOSS would apply only for orders shipping to certain countries, perhaps it could be calculated in the software using location and automatically added. 

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Richardq
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @csam 

The hope is that any shipment to the EU would have the IOSS # in the API response. Then from there we would have an automation set up to apply it to our software. The only thing we need is in the JSON response we can pull the IOSS/OSS #. If that is a possibility that can be explored we would appreciate it greatly!

Thank you!

0 Likes